Associate Legal Counsel
- Waltham Ma. USA
- Operations & Admin
Infinidat, Inc has an exciting opening for a professional, motivated self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment to join our legal team as a junior level Legal Counsel.
This position will focus primarily on the drafting, review, revision, and negotiation of legal agreements including, but not limited to commercial agreements, including master sales or services agreements (including SaaS subscription and on-premise license agreements), maintenance and support agreements, service level agreements (SLAs), sales quotes, purchase orders, professional services agreements, statements of work, order renewals, lease agreements, consulting services agreements, supplier/vendor agreements, reseller agreements and sales agency or referral agreements. Position is located in our Waltham, MA office and will report directly to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer.
- In close cooperation with the Chief Legal Officer, implement uniform general contract terms and conditions, contract templates to represent agreed upon commitments, analyzing clause(s) and understanding stipulations to avoid legal complications
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate a wide variety legal agreements
- Ensure management is properly informed of the terms and expectations of both parties.
- Review contractual agreements to ensure they are in compliance with State laws, rules and regulations and other applicable policies and procedures
- Quickly prioritize and respond to commercial contract issues, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain accurate workflow, detailing contract process dates and submission dates
- Liaise with sales, procurement and local management regarding commercial contract clauses
- Provide training to local sales and local management on uniform general contract terms and conditions, contract templates etc.
- Introduce, maintain and support a contract management system for the local offices
- Provide advice, support, review, draft and negotiate standard international (multi-country) contracts as well as other agreements in line with the uniform Company templates and Company policies.
- Ensure consistent contract management by following the internal approval procedures.
- Updating and maintaining group legal data bases for international (multi-country) contracts and other agreements
- Provide general legal support to various business groups and respond to general legal inquiries
- Understand the business needs to translate them into the relevant provisions in any contract
- Supporting the Chief Legal Officer in setting up and contributing to the goals and projects of the international legal team.
Required Skills & Experience:
Experience: 1-3 years of varied legal experience with knowledge of general commercial law. In-house experience (particularly within the high-tech industry) preferred but not required.
Educational Requirements: Juris Doctor with excellent academic credentials, called to practice and in good standing in at least one state.