Director of Operations (Americas)
- Waltham Ma. USA
- Operations & Admin
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities . The Director of Operations will be the focal point for INFINIDAT procurement, delivery & logistics for the Americas region. The Director of Operations will be in charge of all US Procurement needs, as well as overseeing delivery operations and logistics for safe and secure delivery of the company’s high value products throughout Americas.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements; Develops plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Leading cost saving activities while achieving year-over-year savings by negotiation, sourcing, bidding, value engineering/analysis, supplier process analysis
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Monitoring freight shipment tracking, logistics and supply chain coordination
- Initiate and execute new delivery and logistics activities to expand INFINIDAT capabilities in the US
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 years (or above) of experience in operations roles, procurement, Freight Forwarding, transportation, warehousing and logistics.
- Experience in High-tech companies/ Capital equipment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in business management or related field preferred
- On hands experience and knowhow in shipments operations (Import / Export / Courier), shipping documents, operational guidelines, regulations.
- High capabilities with MS Office applications and ERP system.
- Availability, readiness for over time, off hours and weekends type of work.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics