Enterprise Sales Systems Engineer
- Munich / Frankfurt, Germany
- Sales & Marketing
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly technical Sales Systems Engineer. In this role, you will be the technical expert in a team selling storage solution to Cloud Service Providers, Hosting Providers and Enterprise Accounts. We offer you a rare opportunity to become a part of one of the world's leading teams and drive the success of our products. This role requires extensive travel to customer sites in the assigned territory.
- Lead the technical relationships and direction in an assigned territory or industry vertical with prospects, clients, business partners, and application ecosystem partners.
- Partner directly with a Sales Executive in the assigned territory and carry a sales target.
- Deliver product, solution and architecture presentations at the C-level.
Required Skills & Experience:
Candidates must have very strong technical communication skills (both verbal and written), a positive attitude and strong team spirit as well as;
- 5-10 years of experience in supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep storage experience and understanding in SAN, NAS and cloud storage.
- Deep technical knowledge of applications and operating system environments (Linux, Windows and Virtualization platforms) and their integration within the enterprise storage industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (Native German, Fluent English)
- Ability to analyze clients' technical and business priorities, and how they relate to the INFINIDAT solution set.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in contributing significant portions and/or leading responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Knowledge of major storage technologies (e.g. EMC, HDS, NetApp, HP, IBM etc.) and ability to handle competitive situations.
- Advantage - BSc in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Experience in at least two of the following categories is mandatory:
- Storage (iSCSI, NFS, FCP, SMB and OBJECT)
- Hypervisors (ESX, hyper-V, Xenserver, KVM)
- Performance benchmarks
- Database applications (SQL, Oracle, SAP)
- Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure public cloud
- Data Protection and Business Continuity solutions (Commvault, Veeam, etc)
- Service Provider private and public cloud environments, virtualization and cloud management (OpenStack, vCloud Director, etc.)
The job requires travelling to customers approximately 20% of the time.