Hardware Test Engineer
- Kfar-Saba, Israel
We are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated test engineer with an excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills to work with the IVT team at Infinidat.
The candidate will be responsible for installing, running tests and monitoring the storage systems of Infinidat. In addition, the candidate will support the activities of our technicians at our integration site.
The candidate will be also in charge of running various qualifications (software and hardware) to adapt our tests for the required changes to our product.
The position requires availability during the weekends.
- Initiate, manage and follow all on-site manufacturing activities related to the testing phase - operationally, technically and logistically
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Run software and hardware qualifications
- Support the operation of the 1st level of technicians
- Engage 3rd level IVT development support as needed
- Respond to queries through a ticket system, email or over phone
- Resolve technical problems according to the knowledge base or over phone
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a Test Engineer / System Administrator / PC Technician
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Proven experience in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in writing bash scripts
- Proven experience with complex large-scale systems
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Technology-oriented with analytic thinking and problem-solving skills
- English at a high level
- Availability for 5 shifts a week
- Excellent system diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player (loves working with other people)
- Fast learner and independent
- Experience in similar roles - an advantage
- Practical knowledge of computer networking