Lead Development Representative
- Munich, Germany
- Sales & Marketing
A Lead Development Representative is responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualifying prospects from lead status into the sales pipeline.
This role will act as a layer between marketing and sales - handle all first contact with new clients and build relationships through marketing activity – events, campaigns, direct mail, email, etc. The goal of a Lead Development Representative is to take a lead from a marketing campaign, qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, set an on-site appointment with an Account Executive, and follow through until a quote is delivered.
- Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set opportunities or appointments from those leads.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified opportunities.
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on product or service solutions.
- Log, track and maintains prospect/customer contact and contact records.
- Working closely with all sales functions, attend sales meetings, occasional vendor training, host at local trade shows.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
- Ability to prioritise work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Occasional travel.