Senior Storage Specialist
- Ra'anana, Israel
- Support & Customer Service
The Senior Storage Specialist performs a wide variety of daily storage management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient storage system use, while keeping INFINIDAT solutions veracity within the customer’s organization.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of INFINIDAT storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with the company. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and management of INFINIDAT products.
- Technical knowledge on various storage products such as INFINIDAT, EMC, NetApp etc.
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Provides assistance to INFINIDAT technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing mundane operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s).
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with INFINIDAT colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Represents INFINIDAT in a professional manner to customers.
- Working on the customer site
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge in storage, such as INFINIDAT, EMC, (NetApp, HDS – an advantage)
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies - Must (VCE Certification – an advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of installations, administration, troubleshooting and upgrades of Linux systems (Redhat, SUSE, CentOS and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux)
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Scripting experience in one or more languages (bash, Python, Perl, etc.) – an advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization and customer base
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a team player
- Ability to multi-task
- The position requires a willingness to work during weekends and holidays when needed.