Sr. Linux Systems Engineer – Virtual US
- Virtual US
- Support & Customer Service
Do you enjoy solving complex technical performance problems using Linux diagnostic tools such as TOP and IOSTAT? Do you like working with the Linux boot process, storage, or network stacks? Do you enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting performance issues within the application and operating system tiers?
We are looking to add an experienced and talented Sr. Linux Systems Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills to our Enterprise Storage Technical Support team.
As part of our development support team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting complex field issues and code defects. You will also take an active role in continuously improving our product by interacting directly with INFINIDAT customers and our developers.
- Provide technical assistance and support for the most complex field issues
- Diagnose technical field issues down to root cause
- Work with the development teams for problem resolution
- Provide remote and on-site diagnostics as needed (travel required)
- Build training and educational material for the entire support organization
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 7+ years of equivalent years of experience required
- Linux administration hands on skills
- TCP/IP networking concepts
- Troubleshooting skills, familiar with the OS diagnostics tools and utilities
- Basic storage understanding SAN/NAS
- Strong communication skills
- Strong familiarity with enterprise storage concepts
- Programming/scripting skills
- Customer support experience (Tier 3-4)
- ISCSI experience
- NAS experience
- Skilled with multiple operating systems/hypervisors: Windows Server, VMWare, AIX, Solaris, etc.