Technical Adviser – Germany
- Munich, Germany
- Sales & Marketing
In order to help customers streamline storage operations while introducing a new storage system into their environment, we want to partner with the customer towards success. The Technical Advisor (TA) is a single technical focal point for the customer throughout the life-cycle of Infinidat products at the customer sites. Likewise, the TA will be a major communication channel for Infinidat when wanting to communicate to the customer – maintaining a great relationship with the customer, he will be able to make sure the right messages are coming across.
- Increase customer productivity
- Support and guide the customer through the implementation of new system into his environment
- Provide a single focal point for all support related issues and prevent the customer’s need to interact with multiple people to get the right answer
- Pro-active customer assistance
- Through enhanced pro-active system monitoring the TA will alert the customer of any pro-active maintenance required on the systems
- Periodic status calls will be handled with the customer and the TA to alert of upcoming code releases and patches to identify target dates for implementation
- Become the customer’s advocate within Infinidat
- The TA represents the customer’s pains and needs to Infinidat
- Through the TA’s feedback Infinidat creates new feature requests and fine-tunes support protocols.
- Be the focal point for Infinidat when wanting to communicate with the customer
- The TA should have a relationship with the customer. One that’ll allow him/her to get the right message across.
- It is the TA’s responsibility to make sure the customer is satisfied with our products and services.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Advisor or in a Technical equivalent position
- Sensitivity and tolerance when dealing with customers
- Interpersonal skills and positive communication with both customers and other employees
- A capability to operate in an ever-changing dynamic working environment
- A creative thinking when looking for technological solutions
- Understanding of a central NAS and SAN storage systems
- Understanding of Ethernet and FC SAN networks
- Good understanding of an open system world compute platforms – mainly Windows and Linux
- Good understanding of VMware and Hyper V virtual environments
- Good understanding of DRP and backup environments
- Familiarity with DB and application environments, including Oracle, SAP, Microsoft SQL, Exchange
- Fluent English language skills (both oral and written, another European language – a plus)
- Proactive, productive
- Deep understanding of SAN storage systems technologies and protocols
- Deep understanding of NAS storage systems technologies and protocols
- Deep understanding of Object Store technologies and protocols
- Deep understanding of Mainframe storage systems technologies and protocols
- Deep understanding of Ethernet networks and TCP/IP protocol
This job will require the candidate frequent travel to customer sites.