Enterprise Sales Systems Engineer
- Bern/Zurich/Bazel, Switzerland
- Sales & Marketing
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly technical Sales Systems Engineer. In this role, you will be the technical expert in a team selling data storage solutions to Enterprise Accounts, Cloud Service Providers, Hosting Providers and Public Sector alike. We offer you a rare opportunity to become a part of one of the world's leading teams and drive the success of our products. This role requires extensive travel to customer sites in the assigned territory.
- Take full ownership of all technical and project management tasks for our prospects and customers across whole Switzerland
- Manage all presales activities linked to the targeted accounts
- Design all storage and backup solutions to match prospect’s needs
- Manage all integration and migration projects
- Build and manage the relationships with the customers technical and architecture teams
- Build and manage the relationships with our business partners
- Lead the technical relationships and direction in the assigned territory with prospects, clients, business partners and application ecosystem partners.
- Partner directly with a Sales Executive in the assigned territory and carry a sales target
- Deliver product, solution and architecture presentations at the C-level, including at industry-relevant IT events
Required Skills & Experience:
Candidates must have very strong technical communication skills (both verbal and written) in German and English. Fluent French would be a great advantage. The candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong team spirit as well as:
- 5-10 years of experience in supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep storage experience and understanding in SAN, NAS and cloud storage.
- Deep technical knowledge of applications and operating system environments (Linux, Windows and Virtualization platforms) and their integration within the enterprise storage industry.
- Ability to analyze clients' technical and business priorities, and how they relate to the INFINIDAT solution set.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in contributing significant portions and/or leading responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Knowledge of major storage technologies (e.g. EMC, HDS, NetApp, HPE, IBM etc.) and ability to handle competitive situations.
- Advantage - BSc in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Experience in at least three of the following categories is mandatory:
- Storage protocols (iSCSI, NFS, FCP, SMB and OBJECT)
- Hypervisors (ESX, Hyper-V, Xen-server, KVM)
- Data Protection and Business Continuity solutions (NetBackup, Networker, Commvault, Veeam, etc.)
- Performance benchmarks
- Database applications (SQL, Oracle, SAP)
- Service Provider private and public cloud environments, virtualization and cloud management (OpenStack, vCloud Director, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure public cloud